Friday, July 24, 2009

Literally... The Pirates of 'The Silicon Valley'


"The fun in doing something lies only when the problem is tough and challenging." Something which Bill Gates firmly believes in, and Microsoft, a breathtaking example of this. As is said, some individuals are unique, and so is the very case with him, I dont know if it just with me or with everyone else around, but the mere fact that someone of his stature is in the same hall as me, fills me with awe. May be it's because of the positive vibrations these people carry along.. whatever it is, Mr. Bill Gates has always inspired me, ever since I was a child, and more so now, that I can understand his contributions to the world better.
I remember watching this movie, "The Pirates of The Silicon Valley", an awesome flick for anyone intersted in knowing more about these now-global corporations like Apple and Microsoft.I never even dreamt that these multinational establishments eventually started from insignificant garages, with their owners running around like crazies :P !! Dude... They've done things that one cant even envisage. Only after watching the flick, did I realize their 'evolution'..the journeys of these computer generating machines themselves, but more importantly learnt one nice thing, These inordinate individuals like Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, Bill Gates(all of them were drop outs... surprisingly) never really had world class education like we guys do, but the mere inborn curiosity they had imbibed within themselves, ability of viewing things differently, the plethora of confidence and their love for whatever they did made them what they are right now, people who have "rewritten the history of human thought" and definitely made a "dent in the universe".

3 comments:

  1. Its my favorite also.:)..What bill gates did to steve was backstabbing but still,he made software a "product", on market.Steve will always be a motivator through his life.
    "Make a dent in the universe.Otherwise,why even be here.."..MY fav line

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) wow! thanks for reminding about this and making me re-read this article I wrote soo long ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome..:)..This post actually reminded me things i need to do badly right now.Coincidentally,Yesterday,I posted comment and today,The guy is resting in peace satisfied for making that dent.

    Between,Nice quote by albert(Left)
    Copied from my gtalk status for Steve and you..(Couldn't stop myself)..:)
    Life is a roller coaster ride, drive it to the limits of craziness, to the vertigo of your imaginations - unleash and live your dreams !!!

    FYI:The tenses are of Yesterday..(Actually,i was trying to post this comment yesterday but the shitty client laptop didn't allowed me to do that.Hence i saved it in drafts to post via other laptop.:) )

    ReplyDelete